Sunday 28 February 2016

Modern Canadian Art - Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom 

Materials:  Acrylic paint on cartridge paper

To create this painting, I first drew the outline of a tree, and then taking different tones of red paint, I blotted the paint throughout the background of the painting and then painted the tree brown. Once the paint for the background and the tree dried, I dotted white paint on the branches of the tree, and in the center of the white dots, added red to create the look of flower petals.

To create a painting based on modern Canadian art, I decided to paint a Cherry Blossom Tree. To me, this seems like a typical painting that would be hung throughout the homes of many people. It is a painting that many people would want to have to decorate a space.

I was inspired to create this painting as I came across another painting of a Cherry Blossom tree.  To me, this painting appears as if it is hung within a home as a decoration for the space.  I believe that modern Canadian art is any art that one would want to decorate a space with.  Also, because times are changing, modern Canadian art would be anything an artist would want to paint along with anything one believes is art.  People are becoming more accepting with different types of art, which is why art can be anything a person believes it to be.

-Yours Truly

http://vancouver.canadianlisted.com/art-antiques/original-canadian-modern-abstract-art-painting-cherry-blossom-200-west-vancouver-coquitlam_3094391.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...