Sunday 28 February 2016

Modern Architecture - The Glass House

The Glass House


Materials:  Pencil crayon on paper

To create a design showing modern architecture, I drew this image of a modern house.  I believe that today, a lot of homes are incorporating more glass windows in the architecture of the home. Throughout my design, I chose to add large glass windows to the side and the front of the house.  I like homes that have a lot of day light, as well as light from the night, shining through the windows.   Windows can also help create the illusion that a space is bigger than it actually is.  I also added side panels on the house to balance with the glass windows; I did not want the house to only have glass walls. I also placed the home on top of wood because I like the appearance of wood rather than pavement or grass.  I think that wood looks cleaner and adds to the beauty of the home.

My inspiration for this design came from this image of a modern house which contains a mixture of glass balcony's, glass windows, and white panels that run along the sides of the house.  I thought that this design of the house looked clean, elegant and modern which is why I wanted to recreate it.

-Yours Truly



http://bonamanasuju.blog.com/2015/06/29/modern-architect-changing-the-landscape-of-the-field-of-architecture/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...