Saturday 27 February 2016

Futurism - The Prospering City

The Prospering City

Materials:  Pencil crayon on cartridge paper

Futurists focused on representing the problems of the modern world. They did not have a distinct style, but instead incorporated ideas from post impressionism and cubism.

As an artwork of futurism, I drew this image of a scene from downtown Toronto.  I drew the CN Tower with a background consisting of the sky which is blue, and the ground, which is green and brown. To draw this image, I first drew the outline of the CN Tower using pencil and to create the look of buildings on both sides of the CN Tower, I drew lines using one point perspective.  After drawing the outline, I created a swirl design on top of the image and shaded each section using pencil crayons.  

The CN Tower is a very popular tourist attraction in Toronto. Downtown Toronto is also where there are a lot of cars stuck in traffic, and a lot of people moving through the city.  It is where there is the most commotion throughout the city.  Since this is an area for tourists, this area undergoes a lot of renovations.  It is constantly changing in order to fit in with the modern world.  

I used this art piece as my inspiration.  When I looked at this piece, I saw a scenery that consisted of buildings.  It looks very futuristic as the buildings are drawn using different shapes and dimensions.  

Toronto is prospering into a wonderful city that will eventually become the new "New York."  I believe that Toronto will allow for the economy to grow and will change in order to fit in with the modern world society  

- Yours Truly 


http://www.theartstory.org/movement-futurism.htm
http://www.mattesonart.com/futurist-artists.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...