Saturday 27 February 2016

Dadaism - Flawed

Flawed 


Materials:  Acrylic paint on cartridge paper

Dadaism art tried to make people question society, the thoughts of the artists and the purpose behind the art.

To create an art piece from the period of Dadaism, I painted rectangular shapes on cartridge paper and inside the rectangles, I drew other shapes to create the image of a face.  I decided to paint an abstract-looking face inside shapes because I wanted people to be able to connect with the painting.  When a person sees another person, they either make a connection with them or they do not.  As a person looks at my painting, they can question what the deeper meaning behind the painting is.  I decided to use different, bright colours to make certain parts of the painting stand out.  For example, I used yellow, which is a bright colour, to paint the eyes so that they stand out, and I used red, which is also a bright colour, to paint the lips.

My inspiration for this painting was this abstract painting of a woman.  There is a womans face that has no symmetry.  In my painting, there is also no symmetry.  To me, this represents that no person is perfect.  Everyone has flaws and everyone must learn to accepts their flaws.


Love yourself

- Yours Truly


http://www.theartstory.org/movement-dada.htm
http://www.playideas.com/25-picasso-inspired-art-projects-for-kids/

1 comment:

  1. Ang galing ng pagkakapaint Sana matuto din ako yan

    ReplyDelete

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...