Saturday 27 February 2016

Abstract Expressionism - Feeling Grey

Feeling Grey

Abstract expressionism focused on expressing individual freedom.  Abstract expressionists were influenced by style and would focus on the unconscious.

To create an art piece of abstract expressionism, I splattered paint across a canvas.  First, I painted a canvas black, and then I used different shades of grey, and white and black, and splattered it on the canvas.  There is no structure in this piece which makes is abstract expressionism.  As I was painting this, it made me feel relieved to release tension that was within me, as I hit brushes together, splattering the paint.  I was not really thinking about what I was doing at the time, and instead I was just enjoying my time while painting.

My inspiration for this piece was a painting by Jackson Pollock.  Using oil paint and canvas, Pollock splattered the paint across the canvas. Through this painting, you can visualize the painters emotions at the time, and how they were feeling.

Abstract expressionism is art that allows a painter to be free and to express themselves.  It is one of my favourite art periods, as there is no structure to follow while painting.  It allows me to express my anger when I am feeling mad about something, or release my unconscious thoughts.

- Yours Truly

http://www.theartstory.org/movement-abstract-expressionism.htm
https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-1010/abstract-exp-nyschool/ny-school/a/the-impact-of-abstract-expressionism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...