Sunday 28 February 2016

Art of Africa - Peaceful Place

Peaceful Place

Materials:  Acrylic paint on paper

To represent an African art piece, I painted this image of a silhouette of a tree, placed in front of a sunset.  Using pencil, I first drew the outline of mountains in the background and the silhouette of a tree.  Then, using various colours consisting of red, brown and yellow, I created a wash with these colours to place in the background.  Once the background paint dried, I used black paint to paint the silhouettes.

I decided to title this painting "Peaceful Place" because as I look at this painting, it brings a sense of peace and calmness to me.  The sunset and the isolation of the scenery makes me feel calm as this place appears to be far from society.  It is far from wars, and far from anything bad happening in the world.  


I was inspired to create this painting as I came across this image of African Art.  This painting made me feel peaceful as I watched the sunset and the family in the foreground of the image, walking peacefully in the sunset.  

In my painting, I wanted viewers to have the same feelings that I did.  I wanted them to be able to picture themselves watching a sunset, as they are alone in a deserted area, away from society.  


- Yours Truly 




http://www.nairaland.com/124005/art-lovers-house-appreciate-african

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...