Sunday 29 May 2016

Care Free

Care Free

Materials:  Pencil, marker on cartridge paper

Using a hard pencil, I drew an image of a girl with her hair flowing in the wind.  Around the girls hair are butterfly's .  This image was a candidate for a mural, to be placed on one of the outside walls of the school I attend.  The assignment was to create a piece showing a girl with flowing hair, and incorporate butterfly's in the piece.  This is exactly what I tried to create.  

In my drawing I decided to leave the hair of the girl black and white, while I placed a pop of colour in the image throughout the girl's shirt.  For the butterfly's, I left the wings of the butterfly's an outline and also matched the colour of the girls shirt with the center colour of the butterfl'y.  

I wanted my drawing to appear more realistic which is why I placed less colour in my drawing.   I believe that my drawing shows innocence in a person and how the stress in a persons life may not affect them.  It is possible for a person to be carefree in the world.  With so much to worry about in society, such as work, school, and debts that may come from school or eveyrday life, it is important to remember to take a step back from life, and take a deep breath and just focus on breathing.  Live in the moment.  Do not think about what is going to happen tomorrow or what happened in the past. Let your hair down and feel the wind flowing through it.

This image also depicts Mother Nature.  With the butterfly's around the girls hair, and the innocence in the girls face, I believe that the girl in the image does represent Mother Nature.  This is useful for the outdoor classroom because there will be many plants that attract butterfly's and the outdoor classroom will also be encouraging students to love the nature that surrounds them.

-Yours Truly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...