Sunday 22 May 2016

4 Times the Drama

4 Times the Drama

Materials:  Watercolour paint on canvas

Using a soft pencil, I drew lips on a blank sheet of paper and then traced the image on tracing paper.  I then took the tracing paper and transferred the image of lips onto four other canvas'.  Then, using a wet on wet technique, I painted the images of lips using various colours and then filled the center of the lips using black paint.


I was inspired to complete this painting as I came across Andy Warhol's painting of Marilyn Monroe.  I liked the idea of using repetition for a painting.  I also like the idea of using different, bright colours to create the painting.

I decided to title this painting 4 Times the Drama because peoples lips are what speak gossip about others.  Some people find it difficult to speak while other people find it difficult to be quiet.Speaking is a form of communication to communicate with other people.  Gossiping is what may cause drama sometimes, especially throughout high school.  People may think that it is cool to speak falsely about others, however, it is not.  It just causes problems with people and may affect a persons mind negatively.
  
- Yours Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interior Design - Dental Office

Dental offices may cause anxiety and stress for some people even though it is a place where people should leave feeling happy with a smile ...